Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 95% Voltage-Conversion Efficiency
- 85% Power-Conversion Efficiency
- +2V to +6V Voltage Range
- Only Four External Capacitors Required (MAX680)
- No Capacitors Required (MAX681)
- 500µA Supply Current
- Monolithic CMOS Design
- ±10V from +5V Logic Supply
- ±6V from 3V Lithium Cell
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Data Acquisition
- Handheld Instruments (PDAs, Palmtops)
- Operational Amplifier Power Supplies
- Panel Meters
The output source impedances are typically 150Ω, providing useful output currents up to 10mA. The low quiescent current and high efficiency make this device suitable for a variety of applications that need both positive and negative voltages generated from a single supply.
The MAX864/MAX865 are also recommended for new designs. The MAX864 operates at up to 200kHz and uses smaller capacitors. The MAX865 comes in the smaller µMAX® package.