Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Regulated 5V Output Up to 125mA
- Indefinite Short-Circuit Protection
- Adjustable Output Current Limit
- No Inductors Required
- 0.1µA Shutdown Current
- Thermal Shutdown
- Fault Output Indicates Overcurrent or Output Voltage Out of Regulation
- 2.95V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 10-Pin µMAX Package
- 3.3V to 5V Local Conversion Applications
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Flash Memory Supplies
- USB Host Devices
The fault-protection circuitry limits the output current when it exceeds the limit set by an external resistor. The output current can range from 1mA to 150mA to accommodate circuit requirements. A FAULT-bar output indicates when the device is in current limit or the output is out of regulation.
A low-power shutdown mode reduces supply current to less than 1µA and places the output in a high-impedance state. The MAX5008 is offered in a space-saving 10-pin µMAX® package that is only 1.1mm high.