50mA, Regulated, Step-Down Charge Pump for 1.8V or 1.9V Logic
DescriptionThe MAX1730 regulated step-down charge pump generates up to 50mA at fixed output voltages of 1.8V or 1.9V from an input voltage in the 2.7V to 5.5V range. Specifically designed to provide high-efficiency logic supplies in applications that demand a compact design, the MAX1730 employs fractional conversion techniques to provide efficiency exceeding that of a linear regulator.
The MAX1730 operates at up to 2MHz, permitting the use of small 0.22µF flying capacitors while maintaining low 75µA quiescent supply current. Proprietary soft-start circuitry prevents excessive current from being drawn from the supply during startup, making the MAX1730 compatible with higher impedance sources such as alkaline and lithium-ion cells.
The MAX1730 is available in a space-saving 10-pin µMAX® package that is only 1.09mm high and occupies one-half the area of an 8-pin SO.
- > 85% Peak Efficiency
- 50mA Guaranteed Output Current
- Dual-Mode 1.8V or 1.9V Output
- ±3% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Up to 2MHz Operating Frequency
- Small 0.22µF Capacitors
- No Inductor Required
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Output Disconnects from Input in Shutdown Mode
- Small 10-Pin µMAX Package (1.09mm max height)
- Handheld Instruments (PDAs, Palmtops)
- Low-Voltage Logic Supplies
- PC Cards
- Wireless Handsets
|0.05||2000||-40 to +85|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 8A Switched Capacitor Converter
- 2S to 1S Battery Voltage Conversion (VOUT = VIN/2)
- Integrated Power Switches