SOT23, Switched-Capacitor Voltage Inverters with Shutdown
Smallest, High-Efficiency Bias for Small LCD/GaAsFET PA Bias: Small Cap Size, No Inductors and Low Supply Current
DescriptionThe ultra-small MAX1719/MAX1720/MAX1721 monolithic, CMOS charge-pump inverters accept input voltages ranging from +1.5V to +5.5V. The MAX1720 operates at 12kHz, and the MAX1719/MAX1721 operate at 125kHz. High efficiency, small external components, and logic-controlled shutdown make these devices ideal for both battery-powered and board-level voltage conversion applications.
Oscillator control circuitry and four power MOSFET switches are included on-chip. A typical MAX1719/MAX1720/MAX1721 application is generating a -5V supply from a +5V logic supply to power analog circuitry. All three parts come in a 6-pin SOT23 package and can deliver a continuous 25mA output current.
For pin-compatible SOT23 switched-capacitor voltage inverters without shutdown (5-pin SOT23), see the MAX828/MAX829 and MAX870/MAX871 data sheets. For applications requiring more power, the MAX860/MAX861 deliver up to 50mA. For regulated outputs (up to -2 x VIN), refer to the MAX868. The MAX860/MAX861 and MAX868 are available in space-saving µMAX® packages.
- 1nA Logic-Controlled Shutdown
- 6-Pin SOT23 Package
- 99.9% Voltage Conversion Efficiency
- 50µA Quiescent Current (MAX1720)
- +1.5V to +5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 25mA Output Current
- Requires Only Two 1µF Capacitors (MAX1719/MAX1721)
- Battery-Powered Applications
- GaAs PA Bias Supply
- Handy-Terminals, PDAs
- Local Negative Supply from a Positive Supply
- Small LCD Panels
|1.5||5.5||0.65||-VIN||0.025||125||-40 to +85|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 8A Switched Capacitor Converter
- 2S to 1S Battery Voltage Conversion (VOUT = VIN/2)
- Integrated Power Switches