Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- DC-DC Converter Input-Current Limit
- 100mA to 1500mA Adjustment Range (EV Kit Standard Configuration: 500mA)
- 250mA to 1550mA Battery-Charge Current-Limit Adjustment Range (EV Kit Standard Configuration: 500mA)
- 50mA to 200mA Done Threshold-Adjustment Range
- Battery-Regulation Voltage-Adjustment Range: 4.1V, 4.15V, 4.2V, 4.35V
- Fast-Charge and Top-Off Timer-Adjustment Range
- Efficient 4MHz Switching Li+ Battery Charger
- I²C Serial Interface with IRQB Indicator
- Selectable Charge Sources Connector
- 2.1mm Barrel or Micro-USB
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Digital Cameras
- GPS, PDAs
- Headsets and Media Players
- USB Charging
The MAX8971 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX8971 IC, a 1.55A capable, 1-cell lithium-ion (Li+) DC-DC battery charger with I2C capability. The EV kit charges a single-cell Li+ battery from a DC input (AC adapter) or a USB 100mA/500mA source and provides system power from the DC input, USB input, or battery. Battery-charge current and input-current limits are independently set. Charge current and input-current limit can be set up to 1500mA. USB suspend mode is also supported.
The EV kit comes standard with the MAX8971EWP+ installed. The included MINIQUSB interface board can be used to enable PC communication through the USB interface board. Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows 7-compatible software along with an extender board allows an IBM-compatible PC with an available USB port to emulate an I2C 2-wire interface. This program is menu-driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI) with control buttons.