Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Micro-B USB Connector
- Dual-Speed Operation (Full Speed: MAX8895Y; Low Speed: MAX8895W/MAX8895X)
- Input Overvoltage Protection to 16V
- Automatic Current Sharing Between Battery Charging and System
- Smart Power Selector™ Operates with Discharged or No Battery
- LED Indicators
- Logic Switches
- NTC Monitoring of Battery Temperature
- Thermal Regulation Prevents Overheating
- Bluetooth® Headsets
- Charging Cradles
- Portable Devices
The EV kit features LED indicators for charging (active-low CHG), prequalification state (active-low PREQ), power-ok (active-low UOK), and fault condition (active-low FLT). The LEDs can be powered from SYS, BAT+, or BUS through an external LDO. The EV kit also features programmable charging currents (JU1, JU2), NTC thermistor for thermal protection (R11), and logic switches for the MAX8895_ features (SW1, SW2).
By default, the EV kit is configured for the MAX8895Y, but can also be reconfigured for the MAX8895W/MAX8895X with slight board/hardware modifications. To evaluate the MAX8895W/MAX8895X, request free samples of the MAX8895WEWA+/MAX8895XEWA+ when ordering the EV kit and see the Evaluating the MAX8895W/MAX8895X in the full data sheet section.