Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- High-Efficiency Single-Cell Switching Charger
- Up to 5.5A Charging with MAX77976
- 91.2% Buck Efficiency at 4A, 12V Input
- +28V Absolute Maximum Input Voltage Rating
- 3.8V to 19V Input Operating Voltage Range
- Reverse Boost with Programmable Output Voltage Options Up to 12V
- Charge Status Output for LED
- Push-Button Input for Exiting from Ship Mode
- External Discharge FET Enable Output
- Dedicated Input for Suspend Mode (SUSPND)
- USB Type-C Standalone Controller Support Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Version 1.3 and PD 3.0 Compliant
- Sink/Source/DRP Port Support
- PPS Sink Support
- Fast Role Swap Initial Sink Support
- Integrated VCONN Switch with OCP
- Support Try.Sink
- Support BC1.2 Legacy Charger Detection
- Gaming Devices
- Tablet PCs
- VR Applications
The MAX77975/MAX77976 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX77975/MAX77976 single-cell lithium-ion battery charger.
The MAX77975/MAX77976 is for 1S Li+ battery applications and can operate with a 3.8V to 19V input voltage with a maximum charging current of 3.5/5.5A. The MAX77975/MAX77976 offers a reverse boost as well as fully integrated low power loss switches to provide small solution size and high efficiency. The EV kit demonstrates the performance of the MAX77975/MAX77976 charger and provides the convenience of evaluating full USB Type-C® PD solutions with the MAX77958 USB Type-C PD controller. This combination allows fast charging of the battery through the USB Type-C port as well as reverse powering the USB Type-C port with battery OTG mode.
A Micro-B USB cable is included in the package to serve as the interface from a USB port on a Windows PC to the slave I2C port on MAX77975/MAX77976. Windows®- based graphical user interface (GUI) software provides a user-friendly interface to exercise the features of the MAX77975/MAX77976.