Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Single-Phase Synchronous MOSFET Driver
- 0.5Ω Low-Side On-Resistance
- 0.7Ω High-Side On-Resistance
- 10ns Minimum Guaranteed Dead Time
- Integrated Boost "Diode"
- 2V to 24V Input Voltage Range
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping Mode
- Low-Profile, 3mm x 3mm, TQFN Package
- CPU Core Power Supplies
- Multiphase Step-Down Converters
The regulators can either step down directly from the battery voltage to create the core voltage or step down from the main system supply. The single-stage conversion method allows the highest possible efficiency, while the 2-stage conversion at higher switching frequency provides the minimum possible physical size.
The low-side driver is optimized to drive 3nF capacitive loads with 4ns/8ns typical fall/rise times, and the high-side driver with 8ns/10ns typical fall/rise times. Adaptive dead-time control prevents shoot-through currents and maximizes converter efficiency.
The MAX17491 features improved zero crossing and UVLO performance over the MAX8791/MAX8791B.
The MAX17491 is available in a small, lead-free, 8-pin, 3mm x 3mm, TQFN package.