Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Up to 16V Protection
- 13.7V Maximum Input Operating Voltage
- 3.15A Maximum Charging Current
- 6A Discharge Current Protection
- No Firmware or Communication Required
- Integrated USB Detection
- Integrated CC Detection for USB Type-C
- Integrated BC1.2 Detection for Legacy SDP, DCP, and CDP
- Automatic Input Current Limit Configuration
- Input Voltage Regulation with Adaptive Input Current Limit (AICL)
- Reverse-Boost Capability up to 5.1V, 1.5A
- Termination Voltage
- 4.1V to 4.5V for Li-ion and Li-poly Batteries
- 3.6V/3.7V for LiFePO4 Battery
- Charge Safety Timer
- JEITA Compliance with NTC Thermistor (MAX77757J)
- HOT/COLD Stop Charging with NTC Thermistor (MAX77757H)
- Thermal Shutdown
- Pin Control of All Functions
- Resistor-Configurable Fast-Charge Current
- ENBST Pin to Enable and Disable Reverse Boost
- STAT Pin to Indicate Charging Status
- INOKB Pin to Indicate Input Power-OK (POK)
- THM Pin to Disable Charge
- Integrated Power Path
- Integrated Battery True-Disconnect FET
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Charging Cradles for Wearable Devices
- GPS Trackers
- Mobile Point-of-Sale (mPOS) Terminals
- Mobile Routers
- Portable Medical Devices
- Power Banks
- Wireless Headphones
The MAX77757 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX77757, the standalone 3.15A USB Type-C® autonomous charger with JEITA.
The MAX77757 can operate from 4.5V to 13.7V input, with a fast-charge current up to 3.15A and a maximum input current limit of 3A. The MAX77757 is offered in several variants to support Li-ion batteries with various termination voltages from 4.1V to 4.5V. It also has a 3.6V termination voltage option for LiFePO4 batteries.
The EV kit features USB Type-C CC detection, battery charging compliant with the USB Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 (BC1.2), proprietary adapter detection upon input insertion, and automatic configuration of the charger input current limit to the maximum allowable current from the input source.
The MAX77757 has the reverse-boost capability, which is enabled by the ENBST pin to allow the 5.1V/1.5A output to CHGIN. The EV kit includes the variable resistor and thermistor to demonstrate the JEITA compliance.