Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Self-Powered by On-Board Solar Cells
- THINERGY Micro-Energy Cell (MEC201) Included
- Variable Switching Frequency Adjusts for Input Power Levels
- Various Test Points Included for Evaluation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- High-Temperature Applications
- Medical Devices
- Memory and Real-Time Clock Backup
- Military/DoD and Aerospace
- Powered/Smart Cards
- Remote Wireless Sensors
- Semiactive RFID Tags
The MAX17710GB20 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that contains all the components necessary to evaluate the performance of the MAX17710GB energy-harvesting charger and protector. The EV kit features the THINERGY® micro-energy cell (MEC201) from Infinite Power Solutions, Inc. (IPS), a solid-state, rechargeable, thin-power solution. Solar cells are installed on the EV kit as the power source for an energy-harvesting application. The solar cells demonstrate low-power charging of the MEC with ambient light. The IC can regulate and charge from various energy-harvesting sources that can be added externally.
The EV kit is a self-powered board. The EV kit output charges the THINERGY MEC with current as low as 1µA. The EV kit provides test points to monitor the inputs and outputs, and jumpers to test the various settings. An LED is included on the CHG output to indicate if the boost is operating. The IC is available in a 12-pin UTDFN package with an exposed pad.