Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Complete Li+ Charging Solution up to 3-Series Cells (MAX1757) and 4-Series Cells (MAX1758)
- 1.5A Battery-Charging Current
- Low Heat/High Efficiency
- 300kHz PWM Operation
- Up to 14V Input Voltage Range (MAX1757)
- Up to 28V Input Voltage Range (MAX1758)
- 28-Pin SSOP Package
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Desktop Cradle Chargers
- Handheld Instruments (PDAs, Palmtops)
- Li+ Battery Packs
- Notebook Computers
The MAX1757/MAX1758 EV kits detect faulty cells and terminate charging. Two capacitors are used to set the charge termination, prequalification, and fault timeout periods. A user-supplied thermistor may be connected to either EV kit to monitor battery temperature and suspend charging for over-/undertemperature conditions.