Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Battery Input Voltage Range
- MAX17058: +2.5V to +4.5V
- MAX17059: +2.5V to +12V
- Powered from a Single Battery (MAX17058)
- Evaluates Single-Cell (MAX17058) or 2-Cell (MAX17059) Batteries
- Precision ±7.5mV Voltage Measurement per Cell
- Current Sense Not Required
- On-Board LDO for 2-Cell Evaluation (MAX17059)
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Operating Systems Software
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Digital Still and Video Cameras
- Portable Game Players
- Portable Medical Equipment
- Tablets and Handheld Computers
- Wireless Handsets
The MAX17058 and MAX17059 evaluation kits (EV kits) consist of the MAX17058 and MAX17059 evaluation kit (EV kit) and the Maxim DS91230+ command module. Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible operating systems software is also available for use with the EV kits and can be downloaded from Maxim's website at www.maximintegrated.com/evkitsoftware.
The MAX17058 and MAX17059 EV kits are fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCBs that evaluate the MAX17058 and MAX17059 host- or battery-side fuel gauge for single/double-cell lithium-ion (Li+) batteries in handheld and portable equipment. The EV kits can be powered from a single battery (MAX17058) and can be configured to evaluate a single lithium cell (MAX17058) or two lithium cells in series (MAX17059).