Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Demonstrates the Capabilities of the DS2784 Including:
- Estimation of Available Capacity for Li+ Cells
- Voltage Measurement
- Current Measurement
- Current Accumulation
- Temperature Measurement
- Information Storage
- Overvoltage/Undervoltage Protection
- Overcurrent/Short-Circuit Protection
- Secure Challenge and Response Authentication Using the SHA-1 Algorithm
- Interfaces to the USB Port of a PC Running Windows XP or Older OS That Supports USB Operation
- Cordless VoIP Phones
- Digital Still and Video Cameras
- Portable GPS Navigation
The DS2784 EV kit evaluation software gives the user complete control of all the DS2784 functions. Separate control tabs allow the user access to all EEPROM and RAM memory locations, control registers, real-time updates of all monitored parameters, and SHA-1 functions. The software also incorporates a data-logging feature to monitor a cell over time.
The evaluation board circuit is designed to provide the DS2784 with accurate parameter measurements. Kit demonstration boards vary as they are improved upon over time.