Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Demonstrate the Capabilities of the DS2775–DS2778 Including:
- Estimation of Available Capacity for Li+ Cells
- 2-Cell Voltage Measurement
- Current Measurement
- Current Accumulation
- Temperature Measurement
- Information Storage
- Overvoltage/Undervoltage Protection
- Overcurrent/Short-Circuit Protection
- Secure Challenge and Response Authentication Using the SHA-1 Algorithm (DS2776 and DS2778 Only)
- Interface to the USB Port of a PC Running a Windows XP or Older OS That Supports USB Operation
- Commercial and Military Radios
- DSLR Cameras
- Low-Cost Notebooks
- Portable Medical Equipment
- Video Cameras
The DS2775–DS2778 EV kit software gives the user complete control of all the DS2775–DS2778 functions. Separate control tabs allow the user access to all EEPROM and RAM memory locations, control registers, real-time updates of all monitored parameters, and SHA-1 functions. The software also incorporates a data-logging feature to monitor a cell over time.
The evaluation board circuit is designed to provide the DS2775–DS2778 with accurate parameter measurements. Kit demonstration boards vary as they are improved upon over time.