Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Charges 1 to 4 NiMH Cells
- Detects and Avoids Charging Alkaline Cells
- Pre-Charges Deeply Depleted Cells
- Fast Charges NiMH with -V Termination Sensitivity of 2mV (typ)
- Monitors Voltage, Temperature and Time for Safety and Secondary Termination
- Works with Regulated Charge Current Source
- Drives PNP Type Pass Element
- Compatible with Integrated Primary-Side PWM Controllers
- 20-pin TSSOP Package
- Desktop/Standalone Chargers (AAA/AA)
- Digital Still Cameras
- Music Players
The DS2714 is ideal for standalone charging of 1 to 4 AA or AAA NiMH "loose" cells. NiCd cells can also be charged. Temperature, voltage and charge time are monitored to provide proper fast charging control algorithms for Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries. Battery tests are included to detect defective or inappropriate cells such as Alkaline primary batteries. The DS2714 supports a parallel charging topology, with independent monitoring and control of each cell.