Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Input Range: Up to 40V
- 5A On-Chip Power Switch (MXL1074)
- 2A On-Chip Power Switch (MXL1076)
- Adjustable Output: 2.5V to 35V
- 100kHz Switching Frequency
- Excellent Dynamic Characteristics
- Few External Components
- 8.5mA Quiescent Current
- TO-220 Package
- Distributed Power from High-Voltage Buses
- High-Current Inverter
- High-Current, High-Voltage Step-Down Applications
- Isolated DC-DC Conversion
- Multiple-Output Step-Down Converter
- Negative Step-Up Converter
The regulators have excellent dynamic and transient-response characteristics, while featuring cycle-by-cycle current limiting to protect against overcurrent faults and short-circuit output faults. The MXL1074/MXL1076 also have a wide 8V to 40V input range in the step-down configuration. In inverting and step-up configurations, the input can be as low as 5V.
The MXL1074/MXL1076 are available in a 5-pin TO-220 package. The devices have a preset 100kHz oscillator frequency and a preset current limit of 6.5A for the MXL1074, and 2.6A for the MXL1076. The MXL1074/MXL1076 are pin compatible with the LT1074/LT1076.