Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Low Cost
- Guaranteed 250mA and 100mA Output Currents, with Current Limiting
- Dual Mode Operation:
- Fixed or Adjustable Output from +2V to +11V
- +2.5V to +11.5V Input Range
- 160mV Dropout Voltage at 200mA Output Current
- Low Supply Current-Even in Dropout
- 200µA Operating
- <1µA Shutdown
- Power-Good Indicator
- Reverse-Battery Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Cell Phones
- Cordless Phones
- Electronic Planners
- Handheld Instruments (PDAs, Palmtops)
- PCMCIA Cards
- PCS Phones
The MAX8862 output voltage is preset to 4.95V (L), 3.175V (T), or 2.85V (R). This device employs Dual Mode™ operation, allowing user-adjustable outputs from +2V to +11V with external resistors. The input supply-voltage range is 2.5V to 11.5V. Other features include independent shutdown, power-good indicator, short-circuit and reverse-battery protection, and thermal shutdown.
The MAX8862's regulators are ideal power supplies for the radio and the microcontroller (µC) used in digital, cordless, and PCS phones. The main regulator is optimized for superior transient and dynamic response, while the secondary regulator exhibits low-output, wideband noise.
The MAX8862 comes in a 16-pin SO package with a lead frame that uses multiple GND pins as a heat sink for additional thermal dissipation.