Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Internal Power MOSFETs with Current Limit (3A typ)
- Fast Load-Transient Response
- External Reference Input with Reference Output Buffer
- 1.1V to 3.6V Power Input
- ±15mV (max) Load-Regulation Error
- Thermal-Fault Protection
- Shutdown Input
- Power-Good Window Comparator with 2ms (typ) Delay
- Small, Low-Profile, 10-Pin, 3mm x 3mm TDFN Package
- Ceramic or Polymer Output Capacitors
- Active Termination Buses
- Chipset/RAM Supplies as Low as 0.5V
- DDR Memory Termination
- Graphics Processor Core Supplies
- Notebook/Desktop Computers
The MAX8794 provides current and thermal limits to prevent damage to the linear regulator. Additionally, the MAX8794 generates a power-good (PGOOD) signal to indicate that the output is in regulation. During startup, PGOOD remains low until the output is in regulation for 2ms (typ). The internal soft-start limits the input surge current.
The MAX8794 powers the active-DDR termination bus that requires a tracking input reference. The MAX8794 can also be used in low-power chipsets and graphics processor cores that require dynamically adjustable output voltages. The MAX8794 is available in a 10-pin, 3mm x 3mm, TDFN package.