Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 90% Efficiency
- +2.6V to +5.5V Input Range
- Output Voltages (+3V Input)
- +9V Output at 160mA (Step-Up Regulator)
- +24V Output at 20mA (Positive Charge Pump)
- -11V Output at 20mA (Negative Charge Pump)
- +2.5V Output at 300mA (Linear Regulator)
- 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Low-Profile Design (1.2mm max)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Car-Navigation Displays
- LCD Monitors
- Notebook Computers, PDAs
The EV kit operates from a +2.6V to +5.5V (VIN) DC supply voltage. The step-up regulator switches at 1MHz and is configured for a +9V output capable of providing 160mA with a +3V input. The positive and negative charge pumps are configured for +24V and -11V, respectively, and are both capable of providing 20mA. The linear voltage regulator (LDO) is configured to provide a regulated +2.5V output with a maximum 300mA load.
The MAX8753 EV kit features low quiescent current and high conversion efficiency (90%). Operation at 1MHz allows the use of small surface-mount components. The MAX8753 TQFN package (0.8mm max) with low-profile external components allows the circuit to be less than 1.2mm high.