Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 7-Bit Adjustable Sink-Current Output
- Resistor-Adjustable, Full-Scale Range
- Guaranteed Monotonic Output Over Operating Range
- 2-Wire I²C Interface
- EEPROM Stores VCOM Setting
- 4.5V to 20V Analog Supply Voltage Range (VAVDD)
- 60µA (max) AVDD Supply Current
- 16.1V to 28V EEPROM Programming Supply Voltage Range (VHV)
- < 1µA HV Supply Current (Not in Program Mode)
- 8-Pin µMAX
- Display Products
- LCD Panels
- LCD TVs
- Notebook Computers
The MAX8738 features a 2-wire I²C interface for DAC-adjustment commands and EEPROM programming. The interface utilizes the existing I²C bus on the LCD panel connector so no additional panel connector pins are required. The MAX1512 is a similar product with 1-wire interface and is recommended for applications with no existing I²C interface.
The MAX8738 is available in an 8-pin µMAX® package. A complete evaluation kit is available to simplify evaluation and production development.