Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Input Range: Up to 30V
- 1A On-Chip Power Switch
- Adjustable Output (MAX830)
- Fixed Outputs: 5V (MAX831)
- 3.3V (MAX832)
- 3V (MAX833)
- 100kHz Switching Frequency
- Excellent Dynamic Characteristics
- Few External Components
- 8mA Quiescent Current
- 16-Pin SO Package
- Evaluation Kit Available
- Distributed Power from High-Voltage Buses
- High-Current, High-Voltage Step-Down Applications
- Multiple-Output Buck Converter
These regulators have excellent dynamic and transient response characteristics, while featuring cycle-by-cycle current limiting to protect against overcurrent faults and short-circuit output faults. They have a wide 8V to 30V input range. Outputs for the MAX831/MAX832/MAX833 are fixed at 5V/3.3V/3V, respectively. The MAX830 output is adjustable.
Available in 16-pin SO packages, the MAX830–MAX833 have a preset 100kHz oscillator frequency. In addition, the preset current limit and micropower shutdown can be externally controlled. See the MAX724/MAX726 data sheet for more applications information.