Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Input Range: Up to 40V
- 5A On-Chip Power Switch
- Fixed Outputs:
- 5V (MAX787)
- 3.3V (MAX788)
- 3V (MAX789)
- 100kHz Switching Frequency
- Excellent Dynamic Characteristics
- Few External Components
- 8.5mA Quiescent Current
- TO-220 Package
- Distributed Power from High-Voltage Buses
- High-Current, High-Voltage Step-Down Applications
- Multiple-Output Buck Converter
The MAX787/MAX788/MAX789 have excellent dynamic and transient response characteristics, while featuring cycle-by-cycle current limiting to protect against overcurrent faults and short-circuit output faults. They also have a wide 8V to 40V input range.
Each regulator is available in a 5-pin TO-220 package. These devices have a preset 100kHz oscillator frequency and a preset current limit of 6.5A. See the MAX724/MAX726 data sheet for more applications information.