Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Sleep Mode and Green Power
- IEEE 802.3af/at Compliant
- 2-Event Classification or an External Wall Adapter Indicator Output
- Simplified Wall Adapter Interface
- PoE Classification 0–5
- 100V Input Absolute Maximum Rating
- Inrush Current Limit of 180mA Maximum
- Current Limit During Normal Operation Between 720mA and 880mA
- Current Limit and Foldback
- Legacy UVLO at 36V
- LED Driver with Programmable LED Current
- Overtemperature Protection
- Thermally Enhanced, 5mm x 5mm, 16-Pin TQFN
- IEEE 802.3af/at Powered Devices
- IP Phones, Wireless Access Nodes, IP Security
- WiMAX™ Base Stations
The MAX5969C/MAX5969E support a 2-Event classification method as specified in the IEEE 802.3at standard and provide a signal to indicate when probed by a Type 2 power sourcing equipment (PSE). The devices detect the presence of a wall adapter power source connection and allow a smooth switch over from the PoE power source to the wall power adaptor.
The MAX5969C/MAX5969E also provide a power-good (PG) signal, two-step current limit and foldback, over-temperature protection, and di/dt limit. A sleep mode feature in the MAX5969C/MAX5969E provides low power consumption while supporting Maintain Power Signature (MPS). A green sleep mode feature in the MAX5969C/MAX5969E further reduces power consumption to comply with green power requirements while still supporting MPS. The MAX5969C/MAX5969E also feature an LED driver that is automatically activated during sleep mode or manually activated during normal operation. During sleep mode, the LED driver sources a periodic current (ILED) at 250Hz (MAX5969C) or 15.625kHz (MAX5969E).
The MAX5969C/MAX5969E are available in a 16-pin, 5mm x 5mm TQFN power package. These devices are rated over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.