Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 40V to 80V Input Application
- Output Current Limit Configured to 4.7A
- Overcurrent Time Limit Configured to 10ms
- Undervoltage Threshold Configured to 39V
- Power-Good Threshold Configured to 45.8V
- Configurable Output Current Limit Up to 20A
- Configurable Undervoltage and Power-Good Voltage Thresholds
- Configurable Overcurrent Time Limit
- Evaluates MAX5933A/B/C/D/E/F and MAX5947A/B/C (IC Replacement Required)
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 24V/48V Industrial/Alarm Systems
- Electronic Circuit Breakers
- Hot Board Insertion
- Industrial High-Side Switch/Circuit Breakers
- Network Routers and Switches
The MAX5932 EV kit is configured for a 48V input application and up to 4.7A of output current. Power for the circuit can be provided from a 40V to 80V DC source used in industrial environments or in automotive 42V power systems. The overcurrent timeout limit is configured to 10ms. The UVLO threshold and the output voltage threshold are configured to 39V and 45.8V, respectively. The MAX5932 controls an n-channel MOSFET and provides current regulation during startup. The current-limiting and voltage threshold features are configurable by replacing components on the EV kit board.
The EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX5933A/B/C/D/E/F and MAX5947A/B/C hot-swap controllers after replacing the MAX5932.
Warning: The MAX5932 EV kit is designed to operate with high voltages. Dangerous voltages are present on this EV kit and on equipment connected to it. Users who power up this EV kit or power the sources connected to it must be careful to follow safety procedures appropriate to working with high-voltage electrical equipment.
Under severe fault or failure conditions, this EV kit may dissipate large amounts of power, which could result in the mechanical ejection of a component or of component debris at high velocity. Operate this kit with care to avoid possible personal injury.