Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +36V to +72V or -36V to -72V Input Range
- +5V Output at 10A
- VOUT Regulation better than 0.1% over Line and Load
- 86% Efficiency at 48V Input and 5V/5A Output
- Half-Brick Module Footprint and Pinout
- Short-Circuit Protection
- 275kHz Switching Frequency
- Designed for 1500V Isolation
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Remote ON/OFF
- Remote Sense
- Industrial Power Supplies
- Isolated Power Supplies
- Networking Power Supplies
- Telecom Power Supplies
High efficiency of 86% is achieved at 5A using a single transistor, forward converter topology providing output power up to 50W. The surface-mount transformer provides galvanic isolation and has a reset winding to recover magnetic energy. Galvanic isolation up to 1500V is achieved by an optocoupler and surface-mount transformer.
Operation at 280kHz allows the use of small magnetics and output capacitors.
Warning: The MAX5015 EV kit is designed to operate with high voltages. Dangerous voltages are present on this EV kit and on equipment connected to it. Users who power up this EV kit or power the sources connected to it must be careful to follow safety procedures appropriate to working with high-voltage electrical equipment.
Under severe fault or failure conditions, this EV kit may dissipate large amounts of power, which could result in the mechanical ejection of a component or of component debris at high velocity. Operate this kit with care to avoid possible personal injury.