Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Long-Term Influence by Voltage Fuel Gauge Cancels Coulomb-Counter Drift
- Short-Term Influence by Coulomb Counter Provides Excellent Linearity
- Does Not Require Empty, Full, or Idle States to Maintain Accuracy
- 1µV Input Offset Voltage
- 1% Gain Error
- 138nAh Resolution (5mΩ)
- No Calibration Required
- C Compiler
- Inline Assembler
- Individual Cell-Voltage Measurements with 0.5% Accuracy
- n-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- Low-Current Charge Pump for Pass FET Drive
- 8% Accurate Overcurrent Protection
- Programmable Overcurrent Delay Timers
The device includes a 12-bit data-acquisition unit to measure individual cell voltages, thermistors, current, and pack voltage. Internally adjustable overcurrent thresholds and delay timers provide a flexible solution.
The integrating fuel-gauge module provides a typical input offset of less than 1µV, and gain accuracy of better than 1% with no trimming required during pack manufacture.
The IC has a wide 3.5V to 25V operating voltage range. The IC is available as a 38-pin TSSOP. The MAX17801 EV kit is available to assist with development.