Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +4.75V to +28V AC-Adapter Input Range
- Up to 5A Steering Capability
- P-Channel MOSFET Steering Switches
- Adjustable Battery Minimum Voltage Level
- SMBus Multiplexer
- AC-Present and Battery-Status LEDs
- Interfaces to MAX1772EVKIT Battery Charger
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Dual-Battery Portable Equipment
- Internet Tablets
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
- PDAs and Handy-Terminals
The EV kit uses seven P-channel MOSFETs to steer current between the power sources and the load. The battery minimum voltage level sets the threshold for battery undervoltage conditions and can be adjusted from +4.65V to +13V.
The EV kit features an SMBus signal multiplexer that routes SMBus signals for the smart battery packs. LEDs are provided to indicate the status of the AC adapter and battery packs. The MAX1773 EV kit also demonstrates low-current usage with several options to reduce current usage.