Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 6.5V to 18V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Delivers Currents Up to 6A
- Programmable Constant-On Control
- Current-Sense Accuracy > 95% at 5A
- High-Speed PWM Comparator
- Current-Loop Propagation Delay < 30ns
- Peak Efficiency > 88%
- Active-Low FLT Power-OK (POK) Signal
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Overcurrent, Short-Circuit Protection
- Overtemperature Protection
- Space-Saving, 20-Pin (5mm x 5mm) TQFN Package
- Base-Station Envelope-Tracking Power Supplies
- Industrial Control
- Precision Lighting
The device uses a modified constant on-time valley current-mode control scheme to control the inductor current and incorporates a high-performance PWM comparator with very low hysteresis and propagation delay. The constant on-time is programmable using an external resistor, allowing the user to set the desired ripple current in the inductor. This architecture results in a very accurate valley controlled current source whose ripple is tightly controlled, thus making it suitable for high-speed voltage/current-tracking systems.
The architecture of the device allows for simple implementation of multiple parallel modules by driving the respective ICMD pin with the same external reference current signal. An EN/UVLO input functions both as an on/off pin as well as a UVLO monitor. The input supply start voltage is externally programmable with a voltage-divider. The device incorporates a linear regulator (VCC) for powering the control (AVCC) and driver (PVCC) circuitry. The device incorporates an active-high, open-drain, active-low FLT pin that goes low when an overcurrent, UVLO, or overtemperature fault occurs.
The device is available in a compact, space-saving, 20-pin (5mm x 5mm) TQFN package with an exposed pad.