Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.3V to 5.5V IN Supply-Voltage Range
- 1.2MHz Current-Mode Step-Up Regulator
- Fast-Transient Response
- High-Accuracy Reference (1%)
- Integrated 16V, 2A, 200mΩ MOSFET
- High Efficiency (> 85%)
- Adjustable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- High-Performance Operational Amplifier
- 200mA Output Short-Circuit Current
- 40V/µs Slew Rate
- 16MHz, -3dB Bandwidth
- Low-Dropout Linear Regulator
- High-Accuracy Output Voltage (1.0%)
- High-Voltage Drivers with Scan Logic
- +35V to -15V Outputs
- 40V Maximum Voltage Swing
- Gate-Shading Control
- Thermal-Overload Protection
- 32-Pin, 5mm x 5mm, Thin QFN Package
- Notebook Computer Displays
The step-up DC-DC converter provides the regulated supply voltage for panel source-driver ICs. The high 1.2MHz switching frequency allows the use of ultra-small inductors and ceramic capacitors. The current-mode control architecture provides a fast-transient response to pulsed loads typical of source driver loads. The step-up regulator features an adjustable soft-start and an adjustable cycle-by-cycle current limit.
The high-current operational amplifier is designed to drive the LCD backplane (VCOM). The amplifier features high output current (±200mA typ), fast slew rate (40V/µs typ), wide bandwidth (16MHz typ), and rail-to-rail inputs and outputs.
The low-voltage LDO linear regulator has an integrated 0.8Ω pass element and can provide at least 350mA. The output voltage is accurate within ±1%.
The high-voltage, level-shifting scan driver with gate-shading control is designed to drive the TFT panel gate drivers. Its seven outputs swing 40V (maximum) between +35V (maximum) and -15V (minimum) and can swiftly drive capacitive loads.
The MAX17117 is available in a 32-pin, 5mm x 5mm, thin QFN package with a maximum thickness of 0.8mm for thin LCD panels.