Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 7V to 24V Input Range
- 85% Efficiency (VIN = 12V, Load = 4 WLED Strings, 30mA)
- WLED Drives Up to 30mA/String
- Drives 4 Strings of 10 WLEDs (Capable of Driving Up to 8 Strings)
- Full-Scale LED Current Adjustable from 0mA to 30mA
- Resistor-Adjustable Switching Frequency (500kHz to 2MHz, Component Change Required)
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Systems
- Handy Terminals
- Notebook, Subnotebook, and Tablet Computer Displays
The MAX17105 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that evaluates the high-efficiency MAX17105 white LED (WLED) driver. The MAX17105 EV kit utilizes a step-up DC-DC converter to generate the voltage required to drive up to 8 strings of 12 surface-mount WLEDs. The EV kit uses a 7V to 24V input power and provides an adjustable 0mA to 30mA full-scale LED current. As shipped, the MAX17105 EV kit is configured to be evaluated with 4 strings of 10 WLEDs and includes an I²C/SMBus™-compatible interface that allows for software control of the brightness in 256 steps, backlight controller operating mode, manufacturer and silicon revision detection, and fault detection.
The Maxim CMAXQUSB+ command module provides the I²C/SMBus interface and is connected to the computer through the universal serial bus (USB) port. The MAX17105 EV kit software provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the MAX17105 features.