Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 7-Channel Logic-Level Input to High-Voltage Output Level Shifter
- Complementary Outputs in Each Channel
- VLS Input Range from 10V to 18V
- VCC Input Range from 2.3V to 3.6V
- 2-Level or 4-Level Operation
- Sequential or Combinational Logic
- 3Ω Output Switches
- 5-Level Output
- Short Propagation Delay (80ns typ)
- Fast Rise Time (30ns typ)
- Built-In Dead Time to Prevent Shoot-Through
- Thermal Shutdown
- VLS and VCC Undervoltage Lockout
The five supply rails include a typical TFT VCOM rail. Two upper rails are always greater than VCOM, with VH1 always greater than VH2. The two lower rails are always less than VCOM, with VL1 always less than VL2. Other supply rails are VLS (the typical TFT AVDD supply) and VCC (the logic supply). The MAX17079 can also be configured as a two-level voltage shifter.
When EN is low, all 14 outputs connect to VCOM, and when EN is high, the outputs are determined by their inputs. The logic inputs are driven by the timing controller. The output switches are typically 3Ω with low propagation delays and fast rise times. The MAX17079 has a minimum dead time to prevent shoot-through currents between supplies. The MAX17079 has thermal shutdown to protect against overheating, VCC undervoltage lockout (UVLO), and VLS UVLO.
The MAX17079 is in a 40-pin, 6mm x 6mm, thin QFN package, with exposed pad and a maximum height of 0.8mm.