Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 7V to 21V Input Range
- WLED Drives Up to 30mA/String
- Drives Four Strings of 10 WLEDs (Capable of Driving Up to Eight Strings)
- Full-Scale LED Current Adjustable from 15mA to 30mA, or Preset 25mA
- 1MHz PWM Switching Frequency (Selectable: 500kHz or 750kHz, Component Change Required)
- All Components < 1.2mm Height
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Systems
- Notebook, Subnotebook, and Tablet Computer Displays
The MAX17061A EV kit (MAX17061AEVKIT+) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that evaluates the high-efficiency MAX17061A white LED (WLED) driver. The MAX17061A EV kit utilizes a step-up DC-DC converter to generate the voltage required to drive up to eight strings of 10 surface-mount WLEDs. The EV kit is powered from dual supplies (VIN = 5.5V to 24V and VCC = 4.5V to 5.5V) and can be configured to provide a fixed 25mA or adjustable 15mA to 30mA full-scale LED current. As shipped, the MAX17061A EV kit is configured for evaluation with four strings of 10 WLEDs and includes an I²C/SMBus™-compatible interface that allows for software control of the brightness in 256 steps, backlight-controller operating mode, manufacturer and silicon revision detection, and fault detection.
The Maxim CMAXQUSB+ command module provides the I²C/SMBus interface and is connected to the computer through the universal serial bus (USB) port. The MAX17061A EV kit software provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the MAX17061A features.