Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Three Regulators in One Package
- Peripherals and I/O Supply: 3.3V at 900mA
- µP Core Supply: 0.7V to VIN at 400mA
- Memory Supply: 1.8/2.5/3.3V at 800mA
- Supports Intel PXA210 and PXA250 Microprocessors
- Power-On Reset with Manual Reset Input
- Auto Power-Up Sequencing
- 1MHz PWM Switching Allows Small External Components
- Low 5µA Shutdown Current
- Tiny 6mm x 6mm, 36-Pin QFN Package
- Internet Appliances and Web-Books
- PDA, Palmtop, and Wireless Handhelds
- Third-Generation Smart Cell Phones
The MAX1702B integrates three ultra-high-performance power supplies with associated supervisory and management functions. Included is a step-down DC-DC converter to supply 3.3V I/O and peripherals, a step-down DC-DC converter to supply 0.7V to VIN for the microprocessor core, and a step-down DC-DC converter to supply either 1.8V, 2.5V, or 3.3V to power the memory.
Management functions include automatic power-up sequencing, power-on-reset and manual reset with timer, and two levels of low-battery detection.
The DC-DC converters use fast 1MHz PWM switching, allowing the use of small external components. They automatically switch from PWM mode under heavy loads to skip mode under light loads to reduce quiescent current and maximize battery life. The input voltage range is from 2.6V to 5.5V, allowing the use of three NiMH cells, a single Li+ cell, or a regulated 5V input. The MAX1702B is available in a tiny 6mm x 6mm, 36-pin QFN package and operates over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.