Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 9V to 40V Wide Supply Voltage Range
- 1.33A Output Current
- Analog PWM- and Digital-PWM-Controlled Dimming
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Demonstrates Buffered Clock Output
- Programmable EEPROM Controlling
- LED Current (Binning)
- External MOSFET Gate Driver Supply Voltage
- Leading-Edge Blanking Time
- Digital Soft-Start Duration
- RTSYNC Oscillator Enable/Disable
- Slope Compensation
- Nonvolatile EEPROM for Saving Register Values
- USB-PC Connection (Cable Included)
- USB-Powered USB-to-1-Wire Interface Circuit
- 1-Wire Interface Terminals for Evaluating a User-Supplied 1-Wire Interface
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Lead-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Exterior: Rear Combination Lights (RCL), Daytime Running Lights (DRL), Fog and Front Lighting, High-Beam/Low-Beam/Turn Lights
- General Illumination
- Navigation and Marine Indicators
- Neon Replacement, Emergency Lighting
- Signage and Beacons
The EV kit uses a 1-Wire® interface for programming the MAX16816 IC's nonvolatile EEPROM. Adjustable features include programmable LED current (binning), external MOSFET gate driver supply voltage, leading-edge blanking time, digital soft-start duration, RTSYNC oscillator enable/disable, and slope compensation. The EV kit includes Windows® 2000/XP/Vista®-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for updating the MAX16816 EEPROM. Visit www.maximintegrated.com/evkitsoftware to download the latest version of the EV kit software. The EV kit can also interface with a user-supplied 1-wire interface circuit for stand-alone MAX16816 operation.
Caution: Do not power up the MAX16816 EV kit without connecting a load to the LED+ and LED- PCB pads.
Warning: Voltages exceeding 42V may exist on the LED+ and LED- output pads.