Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Better than ±1% Output Accuracy Over Line and Load
- 90% Efficiency
- Excellent Transient Response
- Resistor-Programmable Fixed Switching Frequency from 100kHz to 1MHz
- Over 35A Output Current
- Digitally Programmable Output from 1.1V to 3.5V in 100mV Increments (MAX1624)
- Resistor-Adjustable Output down to 1.1V (MAX1625)
- Remote Sensing
- Adjustable AC Loop Gain (MAX1624)
- GlitchCatcher™ Circuit for Fast Load-Transient Response (MAX1624)
- Power-Good (PWROK) Output
- Current-Mode Feedback
- Digital Soft-Start
- Strong 2A Gate Drivers
- Current-Limited Output
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- GTL Bus Termination
- Industrial Computers
- LAN Servers
The switching frequency is resistor programmable from 100kHz to 1MHz. High switching frequencies allow the use of a small surface-mount inductor and decrease output filter capacitor requirements, reducing board area and system cost.
The MAX1624 is available in a 24-pin SSOP and offers additional features such as a digitally programmable output in 100mV increments; adjustable transient response; selectable 0.5%, 1%, or 2% AC load regulation; and gate drive for a current-boost MOSFET. The MAX1625 is resistor adjustable and comes in a 16-pin narrow SO package. Other features in both controllers include internal digital soft-start, a power-good output, and a 3.5V ±1% reference output. For a similar controller compatible with the latest Intel® VRM/VID specification, see the MAX1638 data sheet.