Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Reduce Battery Size and Cost
- Four Key Circuit Blocks
- Adjustable Boost DC-DC Converter
- NiCd/NiMH Trickle Charger
- Always-On Linear Regulator (+28V Input)
- Low-Battery Detector
- Low 18µA Quiescent Current
- Selectable Charging/Discharging Rates
- Preset Linear-Regulator Voltage
- 5V (MAX1612)
- 3.3V (MAX1613)
- 4V to 28V Main Input Voltage Range
- Internal Switch Boost Converter
- Small 16-Pin QSOP Package
- Backup Battery Applications
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Equipment
These devices contain a highly flexible collection of independent circuit blocks that can be wired together in an autonomous stand-alone configuration or used in conjunction with a microcontroller. In addition to the boost converter and charge timer, there is a micropower linear regulator (useful for RTC/CMOS backup as well as for powering a microcontroller) and a high-precision low-battery detection comparator.
The two devices differ only in the preset linear-regulator output voltage: +5.0V for the MAX1612 and +3.3V for the MAX1613. Both devices come in a space-saving 16-pin QSOP package.