Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.6V to 6.5V Input Supply Range
- 1.2MHz Current-Mode Step-Up Regulator
- Fast Transient Response to Pulsed Load
- High-Accuracy Output Voltage (1.5%)
- Built-In 14V, 2.4A, 0.16Ω n-Channel MOSFET
- High Efficiency (90%)
- Linear-Regulator Controllers for VGON and VGOFF
- High-Performance Operational Amplifiers
- ±150mA Output Short-Circuit Current
- 13V/µs Slew Rate
- 12MHz, -3dB Bandwidth
- Rail-to-Rail Inputs/Outputs
- Logic-Controlled, High-Voltage Switch with Adjustable Delay
- Timer-Delay Fault Latch for All Regulator Outputs
- Thermal-Overload Protection
- 0.6mA Quiescent Current
- LCD Monitor Panels
- Notebook Computer Displays
The step-up DC-DC converter provides the regulated supply voltage for the panel source driver ICs. The converter is a high-frequency (1.2MHz) current-mode regulator with an integrated 14V n-channel MOSFET that allows the use of ultra-small inductors and ceramic capacitors. It provides fast transient response to pulsed loads while achieving efficiencies over 85%.
The gate-on and gate-off linear-regulator controllers provide regulated TFT gate-on and gate-off supplies using external charge pumps attached to the switching node. The MAX1518B includes five high-performance operational amplifiers. These amplifiers are designed to drive the LCD backplane (VCOM) and/or the gamma-correction divider string. The devices feature high output current (±150mA), fast slew rate (13V/µs), wide bandwidth (12MHz), and rail-to-rail inputs and outputs.
The MAX1518B is available in a 32-pin thin QFN package with a maximum thickness of 0.8mm for ultra-thin LCD panels.