Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Small Footprint for Placement Inside Camera Modules
- 47VRMS Maximum Output (CLENS = 220pF)
- I²C-Compatible Interface for Setting Output Voltage
- 8-Bit Output Voltage Resolution
- Guaranteed Monotonic Output
- ±15kV Human Body Model ESD Protection on Outputs
- Low 500nA (max) Shutdown Current
- +2.7V to +5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Space-Saving, 8-Bump WLP (1mm x 2mm) Package
The MAX14515 features an 8-bit monotonic DAC with a single differential high-voltage output controlled by a 2-wire I²C interface to set the amplitude. The high-voltage outputs are capable of delivering up to 42VRMS (min) into a 220pF liquid lens load at 1.0kHz (min).
The MAX14515 also features two power-saving modes (shutdown mode and sleep mode) to minimize power consumption when the device is inactive. Shutdown mode places the device in a low-power state that resets all registers and disables the I²C interface to reduce current below 500nA (max). In sleep mode, the power-on reset circuit remains active. If no activity is detected on the I²C interface, current consumption is less than 3µA.
The MAX14515 operates over the +2.7V to +5.5V supply voltage range, ideal for portable applications using lithium ion battery sources. The MAX14515 is specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range and is available in a small (1mm x 2mm) 8-bump WLP package.