DARWIN is the name we give to our extensive range of Arm® microcontrollers, which are designed to provide maximum performance with minimal power consumption. This range of highly integrated, secure, ultra-low-power microcontrollers provide a choice of memory size and cores, giving you the flexibility to pick the microcontroller that best suits your application. Notable features of this range of ultra-low-power microcontrollers include:
- Energy Efficient: The ultra-low-power active/retention modes (SRAM maintained) of the MCUs maximize the uptime of battery-powered devices
- High Performance: With up to 3MB flash, 1MB SRAM, scalable memory architecture and multi core options, these ultra-low-power microcontrollers are capable of storing, processing, and acting on the vast amounts of data used by these devices.
- Security & Reliability: Using a modular arithmetic accelerator (MAA) with a hardware entropy source for advanced security features (AES, ECDSA, RSA, DSA, TRNG) while providing support for secure boot loading, the level of security provided by these microcontrollers is comparable to those used by financial and government institutions.
- Smart Integration: Feature-rich microcontrollers available in miniscule packages save real estate in your design.
- Wireless Connectivity: Wireless protocols like BLE 5 allows interconnection of devices without needing to rely on a separate chip.
Featured Technical Documents
Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller Featured Products
|Part Number||Flash||SRAM||No. of GPIOs||Active Current (µA/MHz)||Standby Current (µA)||Security||Features||Buy||EV Kit||Sample|
|MAX32621||Up to 2MB||256kB||Up to 49||102 @ 1.2V||0.7 @ 1.8V |
1.1 @ 1.2V
|AES, TPU|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32626||Up to 512kB||Up to 160kB||Up to 40||106 @ 1.2V||AES, TPU, Secure Boot||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32632||2MB||512kB||Up to 66||106 @ 1.2V||0.6 @ 1.8V |
1.9 @ 1.2V
|AES, TPU, Secure Boot||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32651||3MB||1MB||Up to 105||95 @ 1.1V||0.9 @ 1.8V||AES, TPU, Secure Bootloader|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32660||Up to 256kB||Up to 96kB||Up to 14||50 @ 0.9V||1.9 @ 1.8V|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32666||1MB||Up to 560kB||Up to 48||27 @ 3.3V||6.3 @ 3.3V||AES, TPU, Secure Bootloader|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32670||384kB||160kB||Up to 31||44 @ 1.8V||3.0 @ 1.8V||AES, TPU, Secure Bootloader|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
 RTC enabled and SRAM retained.
 TPU = Trust Protection Unit with encryption and advanced security features.
 Running at 12MHz.
 Running at 24MHz.
 32kB of SRAM retained.
Maxim Low-Power Arm Micro Toolchain (Windows)
Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller Tools Supported
Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller Development Boards
Our microcontroller development boards allow you to quickly get up and running so that you can spend less time debugging and more time exploring the features of our ultra-low-power MCUs. Our prototyping boards can be easily integrated into your own product development projects. Code development is made easy with prototyping environments such as Mbed® and Arduino® plus full-featured IDEs such as GCC/Eclipse™.