DARWIN is the name we give to our extensive range of Arm® microcontrollers, which are designed to provide maximum performance with minimal power consumption. This range of highly integrated, secure, ultra-low-power microcontrollers provide a choice of memory size and cores, giving you the flexibility to pick the microcontroller that best suits your application. Notable features of this range of ultra-low-power microcontrollers include:
- Energy Efficient: The ultra-low-power active/retention modes (SRAM maintained) of the MCUs maximize the uptime of battery-powered devices
- High Performance: With up to 3MB flash, 1MB SRAM, scalable memory architecture and multi core options, these ultra-low-power microcontrollers are capable of storing, processing, and acting on the vast amounts of data used by these devices.
- Security & Reliability: Using a modular arithmetic accelerator (MAA) with a hardware entropy source for advanced security features (AES, ECDSA, RSA, DSA, TRNG) while providing support for secure boot loading, the level of security provided by these microcontrollers is comparable to those used by financial and government institutions.
- Smart Integration: Feature-rich microcontrollers available in miniscule packages save real estate in your design.
- Wireless Connectivity: Wireless protocols like BLE 5 allows interconnection of devices without needing to rely on a separate chip.
Featured Technical Documents
October 13, 2021
Get a better understanding of when and why system reliability is important and how a low-power microcontroller can enhance reliability.
September 03, 2020
Learn how a dual-core Bluetooth Low Energy microcontroller meets the size, power, and security demands of wireless, battery-operated IoT designs.
June 30, 2020
To create the industry’s smallest LoRaWAN module for the IoT, Miromico met its size, power, security, and cost targets with MAX32625/MAX32626 microcontrollers.
June 22, 2020
Preview Maxim Integrated’s Sensors Experience, a virtual show featuring the latest health sensor ICs, low-power microcontrollers, and Essential Analog ICs.
July 05, 2018
Learn why processors with the right horsepower, memory, and security make all the difference in unleashing the invisible intelligence around us.
April 24, 2018
Meet DARWIN, a new breed of microcontrollers that addresses the demanding power, memory, and security needs of IoT designs.
March 28, 2017
Learn how the MAX32600MBED development platform helps you get your secure, low-power wearable health designs to market quickly.
March 07, 2017
Building a more efficient, resilient, and sustainable city? See how technologies like low-power sensors from ARM can help.
February 16, 2017
Got a creative IoT design idea? Enter the contest hosted by All About Circuits, Digi-Key, and Maxim. Use a MAX32630FTHR# Pegasus board to implement your idea.
Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller Featured Products
|Part Number||Flash||SRAM||No. of GPIOs||Active Current (µA/MHz)||Standby Current (µA)||Security||Features||Buy||EV Kit||Sample|
|MAX32621||Up to 2MB||256kB||Up to 49||102 @ 1.2V||0.7 @ 1.8V |
1.1 @ 1.2V
|AES, TPU|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32626||Up to 512kB||Up to 160kB||Up to 40||106 @ 1.2V||AES, TPU, Secure Boot||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32632||2MB||512kB||Up to 66||106 @ 1.2V||0.6 @ 1.8V |
1.9 @ 1.2V
|AES, TPU, Secure Boot||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32651||3MB||1MB||Up to 105||95 @ 1.1V||0.9 @ 1.8V||AES, TPU, Secure Bootloader|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32660||Up to 256kB||Up to 96kB||Up to 14||50 @ 0.9V||1.9 @ 1.8V|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32666||1MB||Up to 560kB||Up to 48||27 @ 3.3V||6.3 @ 3.3V||AES, TPU, Secure Bootloader|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
|MAX32670||384kB||160kB||Up to 31||44 @ 1.8V||3.0 @ 1.8V||AES, TPU, Secure Bootloader|| ||Buy||Buy||Sample|
 RTC enabled and SRAM retained.
 TPU = Trust Protection Unit with encryption and advanced security features.
 Running at 12MHz.
 Running at 24MHz.
 32kB of SRAM retained.
Maxim Low-Power Arm Micro Toolchain (Windows)
Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller Tools Supported
Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller Development Boards
Our microcontroller development boards allow you to quickly get up and running so that you can spend less time debugging and more time exploring the features of our ultra-low-power MCUs. Our prototyping boards can be easily integrated into your own product development projects. Code development is made easy with prototyping environments such as Mbed® and Arduino® plus full-featured IDEs such as GCC/Eclipse™.