DeepCover Cryptographic Controller for Embedded Devices
A Turnkey Solution for Secure Storage, Digital Signature, Encryption, Secure Boot, and TLS/SSL Communication Protocol
DeepCover® embedded security solutions cloak sensitive data under multiple layers of advanced physical security to provide the most secure key storage possible.
The MAXQ1061/MAXQ1062 cryptographic controller makes it fast and easy to implement full security for embedded, connected products without requiring firmware development. The MAXQ1061/MAXQ1062 coprocessor can be designed-in from the start or added to an existing design to guarantee confidentiality, authenticity, and integrity of the device. It is ideal for connected embedded devices, industrial networking, PLC, and network appliances.
The embedded, comprehensive cryptographic toolbox provides key generation and storage up to full SSL/TLS/DTLS support by offering a high level of abstraction including TLS/DTLS key negotiation, ECDSA-based TLS/DTLS authentication, digital signature generation and verification, SSL/TLS/DTLS packet encryption, and MAC algorithms. It can also serve as a secure bootloader for an external generic micro controller.
32KB of user-programmable EEPROM of MAXQ1061 or 8KB of MAXQ1062 securely store certificates, public keys, private and secret keys, monotonic counters, and arbitrary data. A flexible file system manages access rights for the objects. The device is controlled over a SPI or I2C interface. Life cycle management and a secure key loading protocols are provided.
Cryptographic algorithms supported by the device include AES, ECC, ECDSA signature scheme, SHA, and MAC digest algorithms. The true random number generator can be used for on-chip key generation. A separate hardware AES engine over SPI allows the MAXQ1061/MAXQ1062 to function as a coprocessor for stream encryption.
The advanced physical, environmental and logical protections, are designed to meet the stringent requirements of FIPS and Common Criteria EAL4+ certifications.
- Advanced Cryptographic Tool Box Seamlessly Supports Highly Secure Key Storage
- Certificates Chain Management
- Secure 32KB or 8KB File System Based on Nonvolatile EEPROM (500K Cycles) for Extensive Key and Certificate Storage for MAXQ1061 and MAXQ1062, Respectively
- Symmetric-key: AES-128/-256 (ECB, CBC, CCM)
- Asymmetric-key: ECC NIST P-256, -521, -384 and Brainpool BP-256, -384, -512
- Secure Hash: SHA-256, -384, -512
- MAC Digest: CBC-MAC, HMAC-SHA256, HMAC-SHA384, HMAC-SHA512, ECIES
- Signature Schemes: ECDSA (FIPS 186-4)
- Key Exchange: EC Diffie-Hellman (TLS)
- 128-Bit AES Stream Encryption Engine Over SPI (up to 20Mb/s) Supporting AES-GCM and AES-ECB Modes
- On-Chip Key Generation: ECC, AES
- Random Number Generation: True RNG
- No Firmware Development Required Significantly Reduces Time to Market
- High-Level Functions Simplify SSL/TLS/DTLS Implementations
- TLS/DTLS Key Negotiation (PSK, ECDH, ECDHE)
- ECDSA Based TLS/DTLS Authentication, Digital Signature Generation and Verification
- SSL/TLS/DTLS Packet Encryption (AES)
- MAC Algorithm (HMAC-SHA256)
- Extensive Host/System Services Increase Flexibility and Reduce System Cost
- Watchdog Timer
- Power-On Reset/Brownout Reset
- Secure Boot Function
- Tamper Detection
- Life Cycle Management and Key Loading Protocol
- Flexible File System With User-Programmable Access Conditions for Each Object Software Reset
- Software Reset, Shutdown, and Wake-Up Functions
- Multiple Communication Interface Options for Simpler Connection to a Host Processor
- I²C Slave Controller
- SPI Slave Controller with a Dedicated DMA Channel and 128-Bit AES Stream Encryption Engine Supporting AES-GCM and AES-ECB Modes
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Portable Medical Devices
- Building and Home Automation
- Smart Metering
- Certificate Distribution and Management
- Secure Access Control
- Electronic Signature Generation
- Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructures
|Part Number||MCU Core||Data Processing||Internal SRAM|
|SPI Bus||I2C Bus||Timer Features||Package/Pins|
|MAXQ1061||MAXQ30 (RISC)||32-bit||16||1||1 Slave||Watchdog|
|See All Microcontrollers (58)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
Technical DocumentsApp Note 6762 Fundamental Advantages of the MAXQ1061/MAXQ1062 Compared to Chips Based on the TPM 2.0 Standard
Quality and Environmental DataRequest Reliability Report for: MAXQ1062
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|