Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Arm® Cortex® M4 Processor with FPU with ChipDNA™ PUF Technology
- USB 2.0 Micro B to Serial UART
- Serial UART Access Selectable Through a USB 2.0 Serial Bridge or from an Optional Host Processor
- Security Self-Destruct Jumper
- Arm® or SWD JTAG 20-Pin Header and Cortex 10-Pin Header
- 40-Pin Connector for Interfacing to a Host Processor
- 16-Pin Ribbon Cable Connector for Interfacing to QSPI
- Three PMOD Connectors for Interfacing to SPI, I2C, or Timer Modules
- Select GPIOs Accessed Through Shared 0.1in Headers
- Board Power Provided by Either USB Port or from a Host Processor
- Onboard 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V Regulators for IC and Peripherals
- Individual Power Measurement on All IC Rails Through Jumpers
- Two General-Purpose LEDs and One General- Purpose Pushbutton Switch
- Embedded Communication Equipment (Routers, Gateways, etc.)
- Embedded Connected Systems
- IoT Nodes and Gateways
- Secure Industrial Appliances, Sensors, and Controllers
- Set-Top Boxes
The MAX32520 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a platform for evaluation capabilities of the MAX32520 for secure element IoT utilizing Maxim’s proprietary PUF (physically unclonable function) technology.
The MAX32520 integrates an Arm® Cortex® M4 processor with FPU, 2MB of flash, 136KB of system RAM and 34KB ECC, 8KB of one-time-programmable (OTP) memory and 128KB of boot ROM. It provides a FIPS/ compliant TRNG, as well as environmental and tamper detection circuitry to facilitate system-level security. Multiple high speed interfaces are supported including SPI, UART, and an I2C. One of the SPI ports has a serial flash emulation mode allowing direct code fetching enabling secure boot from a host microcontroller.