Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 80C52 Compatible
- 8051 Instruction-Set Compatible
- Four 8-Bit I/O Ports
- Three 16-Bit Timer/Counters
- 256 Bytes Scratchpad RAM
- Large On-Chip Memory
- 16kB EPROM (OTP)
- 1kB Extra On-Chip SRAM for MOVX
- ROMSIZE Features
- Selects Effective On-Chip ROM Size from 0 to 16kB
- Allows Access to Entire External Memory Map
- Dynamically Adjustable by Software
- Useful as Boot Block for External Flash
- Nonvolatile Functions
- On-Chip Real-Time Clock with Alarm Interrupt
- Battery Backup Support of 1kB SRAM
- High-Speed Architecture
- 4 Clocks/Machine Cycle (8051 = 12)
- Runs DC to 33MHz Clock Rates
- Single-Cycle Instruction in 121ns
- Dual Data Pointer
- Optional Variable Length MOVX to Access Fast/Slow RAM /Peripherals
- Power Management Mode
- Programmable Clock Source Saves Power
- Runs from (crystal/64) or (crystal/1024)
- Provides Automatic Hardware and Software Exit
- EMI Reduction Mode Disables ALE
- Two Full-Duplex Hardware Serial Ports
- High Integration Controller Includes:
- Power-Fail Reset
- Early-Warning Power-Fail Interrupt
- Programmable Watchdog Timer
- 14 Total Interrupt Sources with Six External
A combination of high-performance microcontroller core, RTC, battery-backed SRAM, and power management makes the DS87C530/DS83C530 ideal for instruments and portable applications. They also provide several peripherals found on other Dallas high-speed microcontrollers. These include two independent serial ports, two data pointers, on-chip power monitor with brownout detection and a watchdog timer.
Power Management Mode (PMM) allows software to select a slower CPU clock. While default operation uses four clocks per machine cycle, the PMM runs the processor at 64 or 1024 clocks per cycle. There is a corresponding drop in power consumption when the processor slows.
The EMI reduction feature allows software to select a reduced emission mode. This disables the ALE signal when it is unneeded.
The DS83C530 is a factory mask ROM version of the DS87C530 designed for high-volume, costsensitive applications. It is identical in all respects to the DS87C530, except that the 16kB of EPROM is replaced by a user-supplied application program. All references to features of the DS87C530 will apply to the DS83C530, with the exception of EPROM-specific features where noted. Please contact your local Dallas Semiconductor sales representative for ordering information.
Note: The DS87C530/DS83C530 are monolithic devices. A user must supply an external battery or super cap and a 32.768kHz timekeeping crystal to have permanently powered timekeeping or nonvolatile RAM. The DS87C530/DS83C530 provide all the support and switching circuitry needed to manage these resources.