USB On-the-Go Transceivers and Charge Pumps
First ±15kV ESD-Protected USB On-the-Go Transceiver and Charge Pump
DescriptionThe MAX3301E/MAX3302E fully integrated USB On-the-Go (OTG) transceivers and charge pumps allow mobile devices such as PDAs, cellular phones, and digital cameras to interface directly with USB peripherals and each other without the need of a host PC. Use the MAX3301E/MAX3302E with an embedded USB host to directly connect to peripherals such as printers or external hard drives.
The MAX3301E/MAX3302E integrate a USB OTG transceiver, a VBUS charge pump, a linear regulator, and an I²C-compatible, 2-wire serial interface. An internal level shifter allows the MAX3301E/MAX3302E to interface with +1.65V to +3.6V logic supply voltages. The MAX3301E/MAX3302E's OTG-compliant charge pump operates with +3V to +4.5V input supply voltages, and supplies an OTG-compatible output on VBUS while sourcing more than 8mA of output current.
The MAX3301E/MAX3302E enable USB OTG communication from highly integrated digital devices that cannot supply or tolerate the +5V VBUS levels that USB OTG requires. The device supports USB OTG session-request protocol (SRP) and host-negotiation protocol (HNP).
The MAX3301E/MAX3302E provide built-in ±15kV electrostatic-discharge (ESD) protection for the VBUS, ID_IN, D+, and D- terminals. The MAX3301E/MAX3302E are available in 25-bump chip-scale (UCSP™), 25-bump WLP package, 28-pin TQFN, and 32-pin TQFN packages and operate over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- USB 2.0-Compliant Full-/Low-Speed OTG Transceivers
- Ideal for USB On-the-Go, Embedded Host, or Peripheral Devices
- ±15kV ESD Protection on ID_IN, VBUS, D+, and D-Terminals
- Charge Pump for VBUS Signaling and Operation Down to 3V
- Internal VBUS and ID Comparators
- Internal Switchable Pullup and Pulldown Resistors for Host/Peripheral Functionality
- I²C Bus Interface with Command and Status Registers
- Linear Regulator Powers Internal Circuitry and D+/D- Pullup Resistors
- Supports SRP and HNP
- Digital Cameras
- Mobile Phones
- MP3 Players
|Internal OTG Charge Pump||Internal Xcvr.||VSUPPLY|
|MAX3301E||1.65 to 3.6||15||Yes||No||3.0 to 4.5|
|-40 to +85||$2.86 @1k|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- One-Chip Type-C Solution Directly from Car Battery to Portable Device
- Optimal USB Charging and Communication for Portable Devices
- Low-Noise Features Prevent Interference with AM Band and Portable Devices
- Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Support and USB-PD Support
- Supports BC1.2 Legacy/Proprietary Charger Detection
- USB Type-C CC1/CC2 Protection Switches
- Integrated 550mΩ VCONN FETs with 250mAOvercurrent Protection
- USB 2.0 D+/D- Protection Switches with 1GHz Bandwidth