Evaluation Kit for the MAX25432
Industry's First Single-IC 100W Automotive USB-PD PPS Power, Charger and Protector
Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 100W USB-PD Rev. 3.0 with PPS for CDP and DCP Applications
- Legacy USB 2.0 Charging Support—Meets MFi R3x
- Programmable Fixed and Augmented PDOs Using the Feather Board and GUI
- Test Points Available for Signals and Buck-Boost analysis
- Fully Assembled and Tested, Proven PCB Layout
- Dedicated Charging Modules
- Head Unit, Radio, Navigation
- Rear-Seat Entertainment Modules
- USB Hubs, Breakout Boxes, and Multimedia Hubs
The MAX25432 EV kit and collateral provides a convenient platform to the design engineer for rapid evaluation with reduced test and firmware-development time.
The MAX25432B evaluation kit (EV kit) features MAX25432BATLG/V+ automotive 100W USB-PD PPS buck-boost port controller and protector for head-unit, multi-media hub, rear-seat infotainment, and dedicated charging port (DCP) applications.
The IC combines an automotive-grade buck-boost controller capable of full range PPS 3.3V-21V at up to 6.35A, a USB-PD analog front-end (AFE), legacy USB charging support and USB Type-C® protection switches for automotive USB host or DFP applications.
The integrated USB Type-C protection switches provide automotive system-level ESD and 24V short-circuit protection for D+, D-, CC1, CC2, and VCONN. The device also supports legacy USB 2.0 charging modes including BC1.2, Apple® 2.4A, Apple CarPlay®, Apple MFi and USB On-The-Go (OTG).
The USB-PD source capabilities and I2C registers can be changed using the PC GUI software available for download.
The EV kit also allows evaluation of the intelligent shield short-to-battery detection and protection available on MAX25432. This feature protects against high shortcircuit currents flowing from the car battery through the cable shield to module ground during fault events, preventing car module damage.
Automotive USB-PD reference designs are also available. contact Maxim Integrated for more information.