Evaluation Kit for the MAX25410
The MAX25410 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates Maxim’s automotive USB-PD port protector with integrated VCONN switch, host charger adapter emulation, system-level ESD, short-to-VBUS protection, and shortto- battery protection.
The EV kit is designed to be plugged into any USB 2.0 Type-C port, effectively providing a new fully protected Type-C port. The EV kit only requires one external powersupply source to operate. Protection is always maintained, whether or not the input supply is present.
The MAX25410 can be used to protect any USB 2.0 interface and USB-PD controller, but also provides a Type-C compliant 1W VCONN switch to power E-marked cables. Simply connect the VCONN enable input pins to a USBPD controller to evaluate MAX25410 in a given system. Additionally, MAX25410 automatic fault recovery enables a seamless user experience.
The MAX25410 also features integrated host-charger port-detection circuitry that adheres to the USB-IF BC1.2 battery-charging specification, Apple® iPod/iPhone/iPad and Samsung® 2.0A, and Chinese Telecommunication Industry Standard YD/T 1591-2009 charge emulation.
The EV kit is populated with a MAX25410AGTE/V+ (variant with active-low VCONN enable, auto-CDP and auto- DCP/Apple 2.4A host-charger emulation modes). Other variants can be used by simply replacing the IC on the EV kit.
- USB Type-C CC1/CC2 Protection Switches
- Integrated 550mΩ VCONN FETs with 250mA Overcurrent Protection
- USB 2.0 D+/D- Protection Switches with 1GHz Bandwidth
- 24V CC and USB 2.0 Protection against Short-to-VBUS
- Automatic Fault Detection and Recovery with Industry-Compliant Reset Timings
- Integrated BC1.2, Apple and Samsung Charge Emulation
- Supports BC1.2 CDP and DCP Modes
- Apple 2.4A, 1.0A
- Samsung 2.0A
- China YD/T 1591-2009 Charging Specification
- Compatible with USB On-the-Go Specification and Apple CarPlay
- High ESD Protection (HVD+/HVD-, HVCC1/HVCC2)
- ±2kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV ISO 10605 Air Gap
- ±8kV ISO 10605 Contact
- ±15kV IEC 61000-4-2 Air Gap
- ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact
- Proven PCB Layout
- Automotive Multimedia Box Applications
- Automotive Radio and Navigation
- Automotive USB Hubs
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Meets Stringent Automotive Quality and Reliability Requirements
- Efficient Solution in a Small Solutions Size
- Low Quiescent Current Helps Designers Meet Stringent OEM Current Requirements
- One-Chip Type-C Solution Directly from Car Battery to Portable Device
- Optimal USB Charging and Communication for Portable Devices
- Low-Noise Features Prevent Interference with AM Band and Portable Devices
- Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Support and USB-PD Support
- Supports BC1.2 Legacy/Proprietary Charger Detection