Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- USB Type-C CC1/CC2 Protection Switches
- USB 2.0 D+/D- Protection Switches with 1GHz Bandwidth
- 24V CC and USB 2.0 Protection against Short-to-VBUS
- Automatic Fault Detection and Recovery with Industry-Compliant Reset Timings
- Integrated BC1.2, Apple and Samsung Charge Emulation
- Supports BC1.2 CDP and DCP Modes
- Apple 2.4A, 1.0A
- Samsung 2.0A
- China YD/T 1591-2009 Charging Specification
- Compatible with USB On-the-Go Specification and Apple CarPlay
- High ESD Protection (HVD+/HVD-, HVCC1/HVCC2)
- ±2kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV ISO 10605 Air Gap
- ±8kV ISO 10605 Contact
- ±15kV IEC 61000-4-2 Air Gap
- ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact
- Proven PCB Layout
- Automotive Multimedia Box Applications
- Automotive Radio and Navigation
- Automotive USB Hubs
The MAX25410B evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates Maxim’s automotive USB-PD port protector with host charger adapter emulation, system-level ESD, short-to- VBUS protection, and short-to-battery protection.
The EV kit is designed to be plugged into any USB 2.0 Type-C port, effectively providing a new fully protected Type-C port. The EV kit only requires one external power- supply source to operate. Protection is always maintained, whether or not the input supply is present.
The MAX25410B can be used to protect any USB 2.0 inter- face and USB-PD controller. Additionally, MAX25410B automatic fault recovery enables a seamless user experience.
The MAX25410B also features an integrated host-charger port-detection circuitry that adheres to the USB-IF BC1.2 battery-charging specification, Apple® iPod/iPhone/iPad and Samsung® 2.0A, and Chinese Telecommunication Industry Standard YD/T 1591-2009 charge emulation.
The EV kit is populated with a MAX25410BGTE/V+ (variant with auto-CDP and auto DCP/Apple 2.4A host-charger emulation modes). Other variants can be used by simply replacing the IC on the EV kit.