Automotive USB Power Delivery Port Protector
Industry's First Automotive USB Power Delivery High-Voltage Protector with up to 24V Over-Voltage Protection
The MAX25410 is an automotive USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)-based Type-C protection solution for automotive radio, navigation, connectivity, and USB hub/multimedia module applications.
The device provides a one-chip automotive USB-PD protection solution for the CC1, CC2, D+, and D- signals on a USB Type-C connector. MAX25410 and MAX25410A also provide a VCONN switch with advanced fault management that does not require a dedicated supply.
For ports that do not require VCONN (i.e. do not support USB 3.0 or are rated at 3A or less), MAX25410B offers the designer a reduced-cost solution with the same protection level as MAX25410.
The device protection features include ±15kV IEC 61000-4-2, ISO 10605 ESD, and short-to-VBUS (24V) on the protected HVCC1, HVCC2, HVD+, and HVD- pins. The device also features integrated BC1.2 charge-detection CDP, DCP, or pass-through (SDP) modes, Apple® 2.4A, Samsung® 2A, and China YD/T 1591-2009 charge-emulation support.
The MAX25410 is available in a small 4mm x 4mm 16-pin TQFN package and requires very few external components.
- USB Type-C CC1/CC2 Protection Switches
- Integrated 550mΩ VCONN FETs with 250mAOvercurrent Protection
- USB 2.0 D+/D- Protection Switches with 1GHz Bandwidth
- 24V CC and USB 2.0 Protection against Short-to-VBUS
- Automatic Fault Detection and Recovery with Industry-Compliant Reset Timings
- Integrated Apple and Samsung Dedicated Charge-Termination Resistors
- Supports USB BC1.2 CDP and DCP Modes
- Supports China YD/T 1591-2009
- Compatible with USB On-the-Go Specification and Apple CarPlay
- High ESD Protection (HVD+/HVD-, HVCC1/HVCC2)
- ±2kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV ISO 10605 Air Gap
- ±8kV ISO 10605 Contact
- ±15kV IEC 61000-4-2 Air Gap
- ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact
- 4mm x 4mm 16-Pin TQFN-EP Package
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature Range
- AEC-Q100 and AEC-Q006 Qualified
- Automotive Multimedia Box Applications
- Automotive Radio and Navigation
- Automotive USB Hubs
Technical DocumentsWhite Paper 7303 Why Designing ICs from the Ground Up for Automotive Applications Matters
Design Solution 7277 Make Your Automotive Dual USB Type-C Power Delivery Design Cool and Flexible
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Ground-Offset-Adjusted BMC PHY for Maximum Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 4.5V to 36V Input Operating Range
- Fixed PDO 5V, 9V, 15V, and 20V up to 5.0A
- 220kHz, 300kHz, or 400kHz Switching Frequency
|White Paper||7303||Why Designing ICs from the Ground Up for Automotive Applications Matters|
|Design Solution||7277||Make Your Automotive Dual USB Type-C Power Delivery Design Cool and Flexible|