Automotive USB Power Delivery Port Protector
Industry's First Automotive USB Power Delivery High-Voltage Protector with up to 24V Over-Voltage Protection
The MAX25410 is an automotive USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)-based Type-C protection solution for automotive radio, navigation, connectivity, and USB hub/multimedia module applications.
The device provides a one-chip automotive USB-PD protection solution for the CC1, CC2, D+, and D- signals on a USB Type-C connector. MAX25410 and MAX25410A also provide a VCONN switch with advanced fault management that does not require a dedicated supply.
For ports that do not require VCONN (i.e. do not support USB 3.0 or are rated at 3A or less), MAX25410B offers the designer a reduced-cost solution with the same protection level as MAX25410.
The device protection features include ±15kV IEC 61000-4-2, ISO 10605 ESD, and short-to-VBUS (24V) on the protected HVCC1, HVCC2, HVD+, and HVD- pins. The device also features integrated BC1.2 charge-detection CDP, DCP, or pass-through (SDP) modes, Apple® 2.4A, Samsung® 2A, and China YD/T 1591-2009 charge-emulation support.
The MAX25410 is available in a small 4mm x 4mm 16-pin TQFN package and requires very few external components.
- USB Type-C CC1/CC2 Protection Switches
- Integrated 550mΩ VCONN FETs with 250mAOvercurrent Protection
- USB 2.0 D+/D- Protection Switches with 1GHz Bandwidth
- 24V CC and USB 2.0 Protection against Short-to-VBUS
- Automatic Fault Detection and Recovery with Industry-Compliant Reset Timings
- Integrated Apple and Samsung Dedicated Charge-Termination Resistors
- Supports USB BC1.2 CDP and DCP Modes
- Supports China YD/T 1591-2009
- Compatible with USB On-the-Go Specification and Apple CarPlay
- High ESD Protection (HVD+/HVD-, HVCC1/HVCC2)
- ±2kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV ISO 10605 Air Gap
- ±8kV ISO 10605 Contact
- ±15kV IEC 61000-4-2 Air Gap
- ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact
- 4mm x 4mm 16-Pin TQFN-EP Package
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature Range
- AEC-Q100 and AEC-Q006 Qualified
- Automotive Multimedia Box Applications
- Automotive Radio and Navigation
- Automotive USB Hubs
|Part Number||Supported Charging Configurations||Supported USB Battery Charging Specification||Charging Modes||Current Limit Switch Control||CDP Emulation||Remote Wake-Up Support||Package/Pins||Oper. Temp.|
|1.2||Auto Detection with Apple 2A||N/A||Yes||No|
|-40 to +105||$0.50 @1k|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Meets Stringent Automotive Quality and Reliability Requirements
- Efficient Solution in a Small Solutions Size
- Low Quiescent Current Helps Designers Meet Stringent OEM Current Requirements
- One-Chip Type-C Solution Directly from Car Battery to Portable Device
- Optimal USB Charging and Communication for Portable Devices
- Low-Noise Features Prevent Interference with AM Band and Portable Devices
- Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Support and USB-PD Support
- Supports BC1.2 Legacy/Proprietary Charger Detection