Automotive Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Protector
Tiny Solution for Module-to-Module Connections with Best-in-Class Eye Diagram and Integrated Protection
DescriptionThe MAX20046 device provides high-ESD and short-circuit protection for the low-voltage internal USB data and USB power line in automotive radio, navigation, connectivity, and USB hub applications. The device supports USB Hi-Speed (480Mbps), USB full-speed (12Mbps), and USB low-speed (1.5Mbps) operation.
The short-circuit protection features include short-to-battery on the protected HVBUS, as well as short-to-HVBUS and short-to-battery on the protected HVD+ and HVD-. Short-to-GND and overcurrent protection are also provided on the protected HVBUS output to protect the internal BUS power rail from overcurrent faults.
The device features high-ESD protection to ±15kV Air Gap and ±8kV Contact on the protected HVBUS, HVD+, and HVD- outputs.
The device features a 500mΩ (max) USB power switch, and two low on-resistance (RON), USB 2.0 data switches. This device also features an enable input, fault output, 10ms fault-recovery time, 1ms overcurrent-blanking time, and integrated overcurrent autoretry.
The MAX20046 is available in a 12-pin lead-free, TQFN-EP package and operate over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Low 23mA/45mA (MAX20046GTCA/V+) or 60/120mA (MAX20046GTCC/V+) Current Threshold for Module-to-Module Applications
- Targeted Features for Optimized USB Performance
- Two RON 3.3Ω (typ) USB 2.0 Data Switches
- 480Mbps, 12Mbps or 1.5Mbps USB 2.0 Operation
- 9ms Fault-Recovery Time
- 1ms Overcurrent Blanking Time
- 5.7V (typ) Fixed HVBUS Protection Trip Threshold
- Robust for the Automotive Environment
- Short-to-Battery and Short-to-GND Protection on Protected HVBUS Output
- Short-to-Battery and Short-to-HVBUS Protection on HVD+ and HVD- Outputs
- Tested to ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Standards
- 12-Pin (3mm × 3mm) TQFN-EP Package
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature Range
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Automotive USB Protection
|Part Number||USB||Power Switches||Current Limit|
|Fault Indicator||Current Limit Accuracy|
|Current Limit Set By||Lowest Adj. Setting|
|0.23||0.27||4.75||5.5||-40 to +105|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Meets Stringent Automotive Quality and Reliability Requirements
- Efficient Solution in a Small Solutions Size
- Low Quiescent Current Helps Designers Meet Stringent OEM Current Requirements
- One-Chip Type-C Solution Directly from Car Battery to Portable Device
- Optimal USB Charging and Communication for Portable Devices
- Low-Noise Features Prevent Interference with AM Band and Portable Devices
- Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Support and USB-PD Support
- Supports BC1.2 Legacy/Proprietary Charger Detection