Dual-Channel USB Host Adapter Emulators
Enable 2-Channel, High-Current USB Charging with Flexible Power Management Control and I2C
The MAX14657/MAX14658/MAX14659 are next-generation dual-channel USB 2.0 host-charger adapter emulators that combine USB Hi-Speed analog switches with a USB adapter emulator circuit.
The MAX14657 features an I2C interface to fully configure the charging behavior with different address options. The MAX14658/MAX14659 are controlled by two GPIO inputs (CB1_/CB0_) and support USB data and automatic charger mode. In charging downstream port (CDP) mode, the devices emulate the CDP function while supporting normal USB traffic. The MAX14657/MAX14658 have a CEN_ output for an active-high CLS enable input, and the MAX14659 has an active-low CEN_ output for an active-low CLS enable input to restart the peripheral connected to the USB host.
The MAX14658/MAX14659 feature 2A high-current autodetect mode. The MAX14657 can be configured through I2C to support various dedicated charger modes such as Apple 1A/2A forced, or Apple or Samsung 1A/2A autodetect modes.
The MAX14657/MAX14658/MAX14659 support CDP and standard downstream port (SDP) charging while in the active state (S0), and support the dedicated charging port (DCP) charging while in the standby state (S3/S4/S5). All of the devices support low-speed remote wake-up by monitoring DM_, and also support remote wakeup in sleep mode (S3).
The MAX14657/MAX14658/MAX14659 are available in a 16-pin (3mm x 3mm) TQFN-EP package and are specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Integrated Dual Channels
- More Convenient, High-Current USB Charging Ports for Users
- Simple and Flexible Power-Management Control
- Small TQFN Package Minimizes PCB Area
- Improved Charger Interoperability
- USB (CDP) Emulation with Smart CDP and Fool-Proof CDP
- Enhanced Automodes
- Foolproof CDP
- Meets New USB Battery Charging (BC) Revision 1.2 Specification
- Backward Compatible with Previous USB BC Revisions
- Meets China YD/T1591-2009 Charging Specification
- Supports Standby-Mode Charging for USB BC Revision 1.2 Compatible Devices
- Provide Greater Application Flexibility
- I2C Controls Multiple Modes (MAX14657)
- A Slave Address Selection Input Offers Two Possible Slave Addresses for Each Emulator (MAX14657)
- CB0_ and CB1_ Pins Control Multiple Automatic and Manual Charger States (MAX14658, MAX14659)
- Enhance Performance with High Level of Integrated Features
- Supports Remote Wake-Up
- Low-Capacitance USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Switch to Change Charging Modes
- Automatic Current-Limit Switch Control
- ±15kV ESD Protection on DP_/DM_
- Laptop/Desktop Computers
- Universal Chargers Including iPod®/iPhone®/iPad®
- USB Hubs
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Support and USB-PD Support
- Supports BC1.2 Legacy/Proprietary Charger Detection
- USB Type-C CC1/CC2 Protection Switches
- Integrated 550mΩ VCONN FETs with 250mAOvercurrent Protection
- USB 2.0 D+/D- Protection Switches with 1GHz Bandwidth